Thursday, February 16, 2012

YAY!!! I just found Linky Followers (and a blog hop)



I've been more than a little sad over the loss of GFC. Google Plus just isn't intuitve enough for me. Plus, there aren't any pictures of my followers in the widget, and I rarely go to the Google Plus page to read the feeds. Blessedly, it would appear that there may be a better  alternative that's more like GFC.


at Saving More Than Me
 You may have noticed that I'm a fan of Linky Tools and use it every week for the Flock Together Blog Hop. So I was elated when I happened to run across a widget for Linky Followers on The Taylor House blog. I went to  Linky Followers and signed up for free. It required only a few steps, and the directions were easy to follow.  The one hiccup I experienced was that I had to switch from Internet Explorer to Foxfire in order to successfully upload my thumbnail photograph.

In order to see how we like it, we have to get some followers. Best way to get new followers? A Blog Hop, of course! I found one at Saving More Than Me. How about linking up and test driving the new Linky Followers? We may be in for a pleasant surprise!

12 comments:

Melissa S. said...

Thanks for stopping by My Chaotic Ramblings and following via LF. I am now following you back:)

Melissa
http://mychaoticramblings.info

Kimberly said...

Stopping by from Saving More Than Me! Thank you for spreading the word about our linky blog hop. I'll probably do it again next week :)
Fellow MS fighter as well. Would love to chat. Feel free to email me at smtm(at)live(dot)com

Mikki said...

So glad to have met you both. Happy to be your LF follower!

Cassandra Holdeman said...

Thanks for the heads up! I signed up and became your follower!

Allyson Bossie said...

I am stopping by via the blog hop and I followed you via GFC as myw1ldcrazylife and google + as Allyson Bossie.

Hope you can stop by http://mywildcrazylife.blogspot.com and return the favor.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this Linky giveaway. I too am not happy with google+ as an alternate. I can't seem to follow anyone as my page.

Jill said...

Thanks for stopping by Frugal Plus! I'm now Following you as well :)

Have a Great Weekend!

Erika @ One Recipe at a Time said...

I am a GFC follower, but am now following via linky follower. I hope you can stop by My Road to Savings!

Nicole Orriëns said...

I'm having trouble adjusting to GFC too. However, at the same time, I think followers are much overrated because they don't really follow you! Mine never drop by anymore…

Thanks for commenting on Momfever!

Momfever

Justine said...

Stopping by from the Spreading Love Weekend Blog Hop! http://queenofsavings.com

Allison Downes said...

Saw you in the party hop, new linky/gfc follower, hope you follow back and check out my giveaways!

http://giveawayhog.blogspot.com/

Carrie E Rundhaug said...

Just stopping by via the Make My Morning Hop!! I hope you have a great Monday! Please come and visit me at http://www.therundhaugfamily.com!