|DIY Dog Bed from Old Beach Towels and Pillows|
DIY Dog Bed Instructions1. Gather your materials
- 2 contrasting used beach towels
- 2 old standard pillows
- lawn size plastic bag
2. Lay the towels on top of each other, aligning the sides.
3. Cut 4" x 4" squares from the ends of ONE of the short sides of the towel set.
4. On the same short side, Cut strips through both towels, about 5/8" wide by 4" deep all the way to the end. Don't cut the other short side.
5. Lay both pillows (long side to long side) along the end of the cuts you've just made. This will show you where your stuffing will end. THAT'S where you should stop cutting strips on the long sides. Go ahead and cut strips (as in step 4) on both long sides, leaving a flap that begins where your pillows end.
6. Double tie the top and bottom strips as close to the end of the cut as possible on all three sides.
7. Place a pillow in the lawn bag, and drop the bag/pillow into your towel "case." Then place the other pillow in the bag. Cinch up the bag and tuck it in.
8. Tuck both towel flaps in the open end and smooth them out.
There...washable, waterproof and green (I recycled :). It was also inexpensive - ok, cheap! The only downside was that it's a MESSY project, so build in time to clean up little towel particles everywhere. You may want to do this outside or in a garage, so you can sweep or vacuum it all up quickly.
Let me know if you need clarification. I'll help as best I can. Now- off to clean up!