Joining blog hops has been so much fun for me! I've met lots of interesting people, enjoyed reading inspiring, entertaining, and informative blogs, and expanded my GFC followers group. I suppose it was only natural that I would end up wanting my very own blog hop! So, I've decided to do it!
Considering that there's so much I don't know, I thought it might be informative (perhaps entertaining considering the potential for blunders) for you to follow me on this adventure.
1. The Name: More challenging than it would appear! Look at the list of things I had to consider...
- Which day? It had to be one that would be convenient for me to follow everyone back and one that didn't already have a lot of other blog hops.
- What theme? If I could tie it to my blog's theme and motif, it would add branding power to my blog.
- Catchy? I wanted folks to be able to remember it so they could search for it if necessary.
- PLUS...It had to have blog hop or the equivalent and fit on a blog button in a font large enough to be easily read.
After much brainstorming, I settled on "Flock Together Tuesday Blog Hop."
2. The Button: I found a FABULOUS tutorial that allowed me to make a button quickly and easily, without Photoshop. However, it was missing my bird motif, so I went back to my blog template designer at Dreamlike Magic Designs and had her make the button (at a charge of only $5) for me. Who better than the designer of my blog motif to design my blog hop button? I thought I'd share it with you, even though it isn't linked to anything yet.
As usual, she did a wonderful job! If you're building your own blog hop too, I'd LOVE to hear your tips and experiences.
What's next? I'm not sure (I've never done this before), but whatever it is will be posted in in Part 2 :)