Monday, September 19, 2011

How to Build a Blog Hop: Part 4 "The Button"

(The 4th in a series of posts about starting my own blog hop)

At this stage, I wanted to do two things: turn my image into a button that would take the reader to my blog hop and create a "grab my button" box in case anyone wanted to add it to their blog.

Turn an Image into a Linked Button
The next step was to make my button active. Instead of giving all the details, I'm simply going to direct you to this tutorial that worked perfectly. I loved how I was able to do it completely within Blogger! The only change I made was that I did change the alternative name to my own choosing.

Create a "Grab My Button" Box
I have to admit this was as easy as looking at the HTML code for my blog's "Grab My Button" box, which my blog designer included in my package (have I already mentioned how wonderful it was to work with Dreamlike Magic Designs) and then change the picture URL. If you'll look to the right of the screen, you'll see my new "Grab My Button" box for the blog hop. If you need more info, I found lots of tutorials by Googling "create a button box."

It's really coming together now! I think I'm close to just waiting for Tuesday to roll along! Next post: Writing the post!

No comments: