Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Mother-In-Law

Mimi and Papa, my parents-in-law

My mother-in-law, Mimi, celebrates her birthday this month, and I thought it would be nice to introduce you to her! She entered my life twelve years ago, as the matchmaking partner to the mother of my best friend from college and was instrumental in my meeting my husband!

One of Mimi's most exceptional qualities is her steadfast, LONGsuffering love for her children. I wasn't there when she was raising them, but I know from their accounts that even when they tested her, she remained fiercely loyal and confident that they would reach their potential. She supported them both as they took part in numerous extra-curricular activities. Blessedly, I'm sure she would tell you that she has indeed seen all of them become successful, both in their professions and in their families.

She has extended this same love to her six grandchildren, eliciting strong connections to their Mimi. She goes out of her way to spend time with the ones that live within driving distance of her home, taking them for extended stays, which normally include shopping, story telling, fingernail painting and other one-on-one time. She does the same for those who live far away from her during their visits to her home.

Another standout characteristic Mimi exhibits is a life-long faith. She has lived her faith during difficult circumstances not limited to a wayward child, chronic health issues, and surviving a tragic automobile crash that took the life of a brother. She professes this faith and takes seriously the role God has given her to teach her grandchildren about the Lord. One of her ministries is to visit with the elderly members of her church and community, sometimes taking them out to lunch or delivering fresh fruit baskets to them. 

My life and the lives of those I love have been richly blessed by Mimi's generosity, love and faith. I am thankful that God gave placed her in my life! Oh, and I can't leave without mentioning her incredible beauty, but I suppose she would tell you it isn't all that remarkable, considering that she's only 29 ;)

No comments: