Earlier, I made a goal to lose 31 pounds during the winter season, using Nicole's weight loss method. I didn't reach that goal, and I'm a little disappointed, but I'm so excited about the results overall!
I lost 8 pounds!
Now, had I been struggling with hunger or denying myself the things I love all this time, I would be REALLY disappointed! The truth is that my attention to "doing" the program was minimal, and although that is unfortunate, I am now wearing clothes that are bigger than they need to be and people are noticing!
I didn't do the following consistently...
- Eat smaller portions.
- Resist the urge to chew when I wasn't hungry.
- Drink water between bites.
- Drink water before meals.
- Stop eating at 6 p.m.
But I did...
- Give up soft drinks - even diet ones.
- Drink more water, although not as much as Nicole recommends.
- Lose my addiction to the vending machine.
- Learn that broccoli will satisfy cravings for sweets. This worked so well that my body eventually started craving broccoli!!! A big deal for me because I really didn't like it. Of course, I should call it broccoli-with-ranch-dressing because that's the only way I can eat it raw!
- Lose some pre-conceived notions and habits I'd had with food. For example, I was shocked to learn that you don't have to have soda with pizza, and you don't have to have milk with cookies. I've tried them with iced water with lemon, and they're fine.
- Try to eat smaller meals and keep small snacks around for when I became hungry (string cheese, granola bars, fruits, yogurt)
Lastly, I have to tell you about the other dividend that came from this adventure. My family has changed the way they eat too! For example, my middle daughter now asks for water with lemon. Also, with the quantity of fruits and vegetables I'm bringing into the house, they're eating more of them, too.
SO here we go again!!! I am super excited. The goal is the same, in that I would love to be at 170 pounds by the end of spring. Wanna join me?
Beginning Weight/Date: 201 lbs on November 26, 2011
Goal: Lose 30 pounds by June 19, 2012
Current weight: 193
Total amount lost: 8 pounds