Sunday, October 30, 2011

What I'm Taking to Homecoming

I'm truly looking forward to sharing my creations and sampling those of my church family at homecoming today ! I'm carrying...
  1. "The" Green Bean Casserole (made with canned beans)
  2. Sweet Potato Souffle (recipe to come in a later post)
  3. Southern Plate's Macaroni Salad
  4. Southern Plate's Mandarin Orange Cake
  5. Walnut Pumpkin Pie (see below)
  6. Packaged rolls
I cut out this recipe and added it to my tried and true binder many years ago. Not exactly pretty but easy and scrumptious. Enjoy!


Walnut Pumpkin Pie

1 Keebler graham cracker pie crust

Filling Ingredients:
    1 15-oz can pumpkin
    1 14-oz can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
    1 egg
    1 1/2 tsp. of your preferred combination of ground cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, etc.
    1/2 tsp. salt

Topping Ingredients:
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    2 Tbsp flour
    2 Tbsp butter
    3/4 cup chopped Diamond walnuts

Heat oven to 425 degrees. Combine filling ingredients and pour into pie crust. Bake 15 minutes, then remove pie and reduce heat to 350 degrees. Combine brown sugar and flour, then cut in butter. Mix in nuts and sprinkle mixture on top of pie. Bake for 40 minutes or until knife inserted an inch from the outside of the pie comes out clean.

No comments: