Sunday, November 6, 2011

Crockpot Meatloaf: Quick & easy to prepare!

After telling you that I don't like to cook, I've noticed on more than one occasion evidence to the contrary. For instance...
  1. I was recently afforded an opportunity to enjoy shopping at one of the biggest outlet malls in our state. Where did I spend most of my time? At the QVC Outlet store, admiring and trying to talk myself into investing in their BEAUTIFUL Temptations bakeware sets. What was the only purchase I made? Kitchen gadgets and bakeware from the Kitchen Store.
  2. There is an inordinate amount (for someone who doesn't like to cook) of cooking posts on my blog.
Maybe I truly do like to cook, but at this stage in my life (which I love) I need to get in and out of the kitchen a.s.a.p. so I can fit in the other things that have to be done too. That's why I appreciate my slow cooker (which almost everyone in the south refers to as a Crockpot) so much. This is a dish I've prepared for lunch today. Enjoy!
Crockpot Meatloaf

Crockpot Meatloaf
2 1/2 pounds ground chuck
3 eggs
1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup milk
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 packet dry onion soup mix
Spray the inside of the crock with nonstick spray. Create a strap of aluminum foil (mine was 3 ply, about 3 inches wide, and long enough to reach across the bottom of the crock and up 5 inches on each side) to help remove the meatloaf for serving.
Mix all ingredients together and form a ball. Place in crock and press down as far as possible without touching the sides of the crock. Cook on high 4 hours, or until center is done.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I just recently started using the crock pot...and I will definitely be trying this very soon! :)

Carrie Ann said...

Oooo...I've never made meatloaf this way! I'm printing this out and its going in my new recipe binder. (This is a huge project in and of itself....its a monster recipe binder...)

Thanks for linking up!

CrazyNutsMom said...

My hubby likes meatloaf. I'll have to try this for him sometime. I would'nt have thought to try it in the crockpot. Does it get crunchy on the edges? I'm guessing it does since cheese does when it gets on the side of the crockpot.

Regina
www.thecrazynutsmom.com

Natalie F said...

I'll have to try this! Meatloaf is a family favorite, and I love to use my crock pot.